Now that your smile is right where you want it to be, let’s keep it that way! At the end of your treatment, you will be provided with a free set of upper and lower retainers. You will wear the retainers in the beginning for 22 out of 24 hours a day for 3 months until your bone adjusts. Then you will wear the retainers every night.
Why You Need To Replace Your Retainers
Single sets of retainers start to become a problem with keeping your smile perfect over time. There’s a number of reasons you may need additional retainers:
- It is recommended that you replace your retainer every 2 years.
- Due to clenching and grinding your retainer may stretch over time, making it ineffective (sometimes this happens less than every 2 years).
- You lost or damaged yours.
- You want to keep an extra set at a second location, like your work or a vacation home.
If you stop wearing retainers, you are in risk of your teeth shifting. It’s important to protect your investment by wearing them t night.
The Best Retainer Option: Vivera Retainers
Vivera retainers combat this problem! Vivera consists of four sets of retainers that are:
- Clear and invisible.
- Custom-made for you.
- 2X as durable and 30% stronger than other retainers.
- Made from the same state-of-the-art technology that is used to make Invisalign clear aligners.
Patients come in for a final appointment to receive their Vivera retainers. We check to make sure the Vivera retainers perfectly fit and review instructions.
If you’re interested in the Vivera retainers option to keep your new smile looking beautiful, reach out to Dr. Wollock today!