Getting traditional braces as a teen can be an unpleasant experience. With the long list of foods they can no longer consume, the sports they can no longer play, and the more complicated oral hygiene routine they will need to implement, metal braces come with a number of new restrictions and difficulties. Even so, many teens would be able to tolerate these changes if there wasn’t one huge downside—everyone can tell that they have braces, a.k.a. “metal mouth.” At Dentistry at Suburban Square, we can provide an Invisalign Teen treatment plan that works for your teen, without interrupting their life or risking their confidence.
The Benefits of Invisalign for Teens
Many parents are concerned that choosing Invisalign puts a lot of responsibility on the teen to ensure they wear them often enough and don’t lose them. However, this is not an issue for many teens. The benefits and added responsibilities of Invisalign far outweigh the limited positives of braces.
See How Invisalign Teen Compares to Braces
- Aligners are virtually invisible so no one has to know they’re there.
- Teens can continue to eat their favorite foods.
- Teens can continue to play their favorite sports.
- Teens can take their aligners out when brushing and flossing, allowing them to continue their routine as usual.
- There are no wires, bands or brackets that can break or cause discomfort.
- After treatment is completed, your teeth will have no discolored spots or staining.
- Invisalign is covered under many orthodontic plans and is always less expensive than braces at Dentistry at Suburban Square.
- Invisalign treatment generally takes 6 to 18 months to complete.
- After the beginning stages of Invisalign treatment, patients will only need to visit our office every 2 to 3 months.
- Braces are very noticeable and may increase self-consciousness.
- Certain foods can damage braces or get caught in them.
- Rough contact sports can be a safety hazard with braces.
- Brushing and flossing around braces can be difficult and requires some getting used to.
- Wires, bands or brackets can rub against sensitive gum tissue or break spontaneously.
- A common drawback of braces are white spots on the teeth after braces are removed.
- Depending on the case, traditional braces almost always cost $5,500 or more.
- Braces typically take an average of 2 years or more to achieve the desired result.
- Patients will need to visit their office every 3 to 6 weeks for adjustments throughout the duration of treatment.
Invisalign Teen Treatment at Dentistry at Suburban Square
Our deal on Invisalign is by far the best and most affordable in the Philadelphia area. The treatment is all-inclusive, with no hidden fees, and costs a total of $3,279. This price, paid upfront or with a payment plan, includes everything you will need:
- Initial consultation
- All visits
- All Invisalign treatment
- Any necessary corrections
- Free set of retainers
Straighter Teeth for Your Teen
Dr. Wollock and his team are committed to working with you and your teen through every step of treatment. Our goal is to make the process as easy and seamless as possible, while offering you the best price around.